New Smile Dental Group is a international accredited full-services dental center in Costa Rica, but we are focused on restorative and cosmetic dentistry procedures and treatments.
Our dentists’ primary focus is the provision of preventive, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry of the highest standard and quality. Our permanent doctors and on-demand specialists are renowned as leading practitioners in their fields, which include Endodontic, Periodontics, Prosthodontics, Oral Surgery and General Dentistry.
All patients are treated as individuals and treatment plans are designed to fulfill their own dental needs.
Packages and dental treatments
We have designed some special programs and packages. These packages include elective dental treatments and procedures such as full mouth restoration, upper or lower mouth restoration, smile makeover, porcelain veneers.
What is Restorative Dentistry?
According to Association of Consultants and Specialists in Restorative Dentistry ACSRD, restorative dentistry is the study, diagnosis and integrated effective management of diseases of the oral cavity, the teeth and supporting structures. This includes the rehabilitation of the teeth and the oral cavity to functional, psychological and aesthetic requirements of the patient.
It may require the coordination of multi-professional working to achieve these objectives.
The discipline encompasses all aspects of Periodontics, Endodontics, Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics (including Maxillofacial Prosthodontics) and Implant Dentistry.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite. Many dentists refer to themselves as “cosmetic dentists” regardless of their specific education, specialty, training, and experience in this field. This has been considered unethical with a predominant objective of marketing to patients.
Cosmetic dentistry may involve: 1. the addition of a dental material to teeth or gums – examples: bonding, porcelain veneers (laminates), crowns (caps), gum grafts 2. the removal of tooth structure or gums – examples: enameloplasty etc., gingivectomy 3. neither adding nor removing dental materials, tooth structure or gums – examples: teeth whitening (bleaching). 4. straightening of teeth accompanied by improvement in appearance of face Orthodontics
According to the American Dental Association (ADA), some of the most common procedures an treatments are:
- Tooth whitening (bleaching) brightens teeth that are discolored or stained. Bleaching may be done completely in the dental office or the dentist may dispense a system for you to use at home.
- Bonding can improve the appearance of teeth that are chipped, broken, cracked, stained, or have spaces between them. With bonding, tooth-colored materials are applied, or bonded, to the tooth surface.
- Enamel shaping involves modifying teeth to improve their appearance by removing or contouring enamel. The process, which often is combined with bonding, usually is quick and comfortable and the results can be seen immediately.
- Veneers are thin custom-made shells designed to cover the front side of teeth. Made of tooth-colored materials, veneers are used to treat spaces between teeth and teeth that are chipped or worn, permanently stained, poorly shaped or slightly crooked.
- Braces are not just for kids. Orthodontics may be needed if teeth are crooked, crowded or do not meet properly. If your dentist thinks you should see a specialist for treatment, he or she will refer you to an orthodontist.